What is Instagram++?
Instagram++ (also known as Instagram Plus Plus, Instagram Plus, or Instagram+) is promoted as a mobile version of Instagram for Android and iOS that allows you more options than the normal Instagram app which may include the ability to view private Instagram profiles. There are similar Instagram applications with descriptions that may differ from the one above.
You may be curious to know if Instagram++ is recognized as malware, adware, spyware, a computer or mobile virus, or other digital threat.
Is Instagram++ a virus?
After an investigation we have found that files associated with Instagram++, including the primary APK file used to install Instagram++ are detected by 12 out of the 48 Antivirus engines scanned by VirusTotal (a service maintained by Google). The 12 Antivirus programs/apps that detect this application as a threat are AhnLab-V3, Avast-Mobile, Avira (no cloud), BitDefenderFalx, Cynet, DrWeb, ESET-NOD32, Fortinet, Kaspersky, Sophos, ZoneAlarm by Check Point.
|Avira (no cloud)||ANDROID/Hiddad.FIOB.Gen|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|ESET-NOD32||A Variant Of Android/Agent.BYI|
|ZoneAlarm by Check Point||HEUR:AdWare.AndroidOS.Vua…|
What does Instagram++ do?
Instagram++ is a fake version of Instagram that uses social engineer methods (IE: masquerading as something it is not) in order to trick internet users into believing it is a legitimate application or program so they install it.
Once the fake Instagram++ application is installed it will appear as a normal app on the infected device and when the app is launched it may load up on an Instagram++ Installer interface that says “download the additional files below to continue” and shows 3 apps to download and a progress bar.
Instagram++ instructs victims to download additional applications after installing it in order to use it; However, the process is entirely fake, you can complete every offer but the application will not verify that you did and will not give you access because there is nothing to give you access to as it is a fake app.
In addition, the malicious app may carry out various methods in the background which are unknown and pose high level security risks including gathering your personal information, eavesdropping, changing your phone and browser settings, and more listed below:
- Shows advertisements across your device
- Forces you to install other apps
- Obtains your personal information including Facebook and Instagram details and login credentials
Where to download Instagram++
We do not suggest that you download Instagram Plus Plus as it is a fake Instagram app and is recognized as malicious or potentially malicious. However, you can find and download the Instagram++ APK and IPA from different websites including ipazilla.com. But, again, we strongly advise you not to. This information is provided for security purposes only and to inform the public.
Instagram++ Removal Guide
This removal guide contains advanced information but has been published in a way that is easy for anyone to follow. Before proceeding any further please ensure that your data is backed up and the app has been uninstalled from your device. You may also consider bookmarking this page and printing out these instructions.
We found 1 option to remove Instagram++!
Follow These Steps to Remove Instagram++:
1. Download Malwarebytes using the link below to remove malware and potentially unwanted programs. There is a free version, a free trial version, and a premium version, all of which work in this guide.
2. Locate and double-click the setup file (MBSetup.exe) to install Malwarebytes. The setup file is usually located in the Downloads or Desktop folder. However, in some cases, the file may be executed from the bottom of the browser after it has been downloaded.
3. Once Malwarebytes has installed open the program and go to Settings > Security > Scan options and switch on Scan for rootkits, then click the X in the Settings Menu to close the area. To find Settings, click the tool icon on the top right of the program’s interface. Enabling the Scan for rootkits feature will ensure that Malwarebytes will scan for the largest amount of malware and PUPs possible.
4. Go to the home screen and click the Scan button to start scanning for malware and PUPs.
5. When Malwarebytes is finished scanning it will show a list of results including the detection names of all the malware, adware, spyware, and PUPs it found. Click the Quarantine button to remove all selected threats.
6. Malwarebytes may require a system reboot. If so, restart your computer, log back in, and finish these removal steps.
7. Download HitmanPro using the link below to perform a “second opinion scan” and remove leftover traces of tracking cookies, viruses, Trojans, rootkits, spyware, and other malware. There is a free version, a free trial version, and a premium version, all of which work in this guide. This program does not require to be set up or installed but you may be asked to provide your name and email address before proceeding.
8. Once HitmanPro is activated, click the Next button to start and follow the instructions. You may be asked to perform a one-time scan to check your computer or to create a copy of HitmanPro to regularly use the program. Select which is best for you; however, if we advise you to create a copy of this program to ensure your security.
9. Click the Next button to start scanning your computer.
10. When HitmanPro is finished scanning it will show a list of results including the threat name and type. Click the Next button to remove all selected threats. Then click Next to finish.
11. HitmanPro may require a system reboot. If so, restart your computer, log back in, and finish these removal steps.
12. Download CCleaner using the link below to perform a system checkup and repair corrupted settings. There is a free version, a free trial version, and a premium version, all of which work in this guide.
13. Locate and double-click the setup file (ccsetup.exe) to install CCleaner.
14. Once CCleaner has installed open the program and go to the Health Check screen and click the Next button (or Get Started) to start a checkup.
15. When CCleaner is finished scanning it will show a list of results including tracking files, junk files, modified startup tasks, and more. Click the Make it better button.
16. Go to the Registry screen and click Scan for Issues.
17. When the scan is finished click the Fix selected issues button.
18. Click Yes to back up the registry before making any changes to it and save the .reg file on your computer.
19. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button on the pop-up window then click Close.
20. Go to Tools > Uninstall to locate and uninstall suspicious programs. Click Install Date to list the programs in a row by the date they were installed. This allows you to find programs that were installed around the time of infection. If you locate a suspicious program, click on it, and click the Uninstall button. If you are unaware if you should uninstall a program, record the program’s name and search the program’s name using a search engine. Do most websites consider the program malicious? If so, uninstall it.
21. Go to Tools > Startup to disable programs from running when Windows starts. To disable a program from running, click on it, and click the Disable button. If you are unaware if you should disable a program from running, record the program’s name and search the program’s name using a search engine. Do most websites consider the program malicious? If so, disable it from running when Windows starts.
22. Go to Tools > Browser Plugins to delete unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. To delete a browser plugin, click on it, and click the Delete button. If you are unaware if you should delete a browser extension, record the extension’s name and search the extension’s name using a search engine. Do most websites consider the extension malicious? If so, delete it.
23. Download Norton 360 with LifeLock using the link below for complete protection. There is a free trial version Norton 360 with LifeLock is all-in-one protection for your devices, online privacy, and identity. This advanced feature-rich security program works to block malware and other threats from reaching your computer and devices in real-time. Securely browse the internet using a no-log VPN with bank-grade encryption that helps keep your personal information like your passwords and bank details private.
24. Select the version of the program you would like to use and click the Subscribe Now button (to download a free trial go to the footer menu and select free trials).
25. Once you have subscribed check your email for instructions to download Norton 360 or click the Get Started button on the order confirmation page.
26. On the get started page, go to Install protection on this PC or Mac and click Agree & Download. You may also choose to install this program on another device by clicking the Install on Another Device link.
27. Once Norton 360 has installed open the program and click Sign In to log into your account and unlock additional features.
28. Next, click the down arrow next to the Open button in the Device Security section and select Scan Options.
29. Select Full System Scan and click the Go button to start scanning for viruses, malware, and other threats.
30. When Norton 360 is finished scanning it will show a results summary. Click the Finish button to remove all detected items.
31. Norton 360 with LifeLock Select has many features that we suggest enabling including a Secure VPN to protect you online, cloud backup to secure your files, a password manager to store login information, and more. For more information about Norton 360 with LifeLock Select click the Help icon.
What to Do Next?
Your computer and devices should now be clean and free of malware after following our guide. However, if you run into future problems we strongly advise you to use premium security software such as Norton 360 or Malwarebytes. These programs protect your computer and devices against viruses, malware, adware, hackers, and can even keep you anonymous and out of the eyes of cybercriminals.
We also advise you to change the passwords to your online accounts including the passwords to your email, social media, and bank accounts. Here are some tips to help you create a secure password:
- Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Use case-sensitive letters, numbers, and punctuation marks.