If you find a program titled InkRevealed Toolbar or a browser attachment with the same named installed on your computer or attached to your internet browser then your computer has contracted adware. This adware is recognized by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs and can easily be detected and removed. The primary objectives of this adware is to redirect users to sponsored search engines and to serve different variants of pop-up, in-text, banner, and pop-under advertisements on the web browser. The adware serves advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and other web browsers from various advertising platforms.
|Name||InkRevealed Toolbar, InkRevealed Toolbar virus|
|Short Description||The adware is promoted as an online shopping assistant.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is InkRevealed Toolbar?
InkRevealed Toolbar is typically promoted as a free web shopping assistant that displays coupons and deals for the products you search for and view online.Once InkRevealed Toolbar adware is contracted it will display intrusive ads on the internet and Windows desktop. Various user details may also be obtained from the adware to formulate ‘targeted’ advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. Details include your browser history, bookmarks, apps, and more. It can also modify your homepage, default search engine, new tab setting, themes, apps, bookmarks, and more.
InkRevealed Toolbar Removal Steps
InkRevealed Toolbar can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove InkRevealed Toolbar and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall InkRevealed Toolbar from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall InkRevealed Toolbar and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find InkRevealed Toolbar installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for InkRevealed Toolbar, Chromium, and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select InkRevealed Toolbar with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled InkRevealed Toolbar look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove InkRevealed Toolbar add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a InkRevealed Toolbar attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove InkRevealed Toolbar from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the InkRevealed Toolbar extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the InkRevealed Toolbar add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the InkRevealed Toolbar extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove InkRevealed Toolbar with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove InkRevealed Toolbar with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove InkRevealed Toolbar with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove InkRevealed Toolbar with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.