InfoAtoms (also searched for as InfoAtoms virus) is an adware program and family of various adware type applications. InfoAtoms adware injects the webpages you visit with targeted and deceptive advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say something like Ads by InfoAtoms or brought by InfoAtoms on them and they can arrive across multiple internet browsers.
How to remove InfoAtoms (Virus Removal Guide)
- What is InfoAtoms?
- How to uninstall InfoAtoms
- How to remove InfoAtoms with Malwarebytes
- InfoAtoms removal tips
What is InfoAtoms?
InfoAtoms adware is often promoted as a free web shopping utility that can help you locate coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view online and search for.
Ads by InfoAtoms displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements. This means that the adware will manufacture advertisements based off of your personal browsing data, such as your bookmarks and history.
InfoAtoms adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove InfoAtoms if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
InfoAtoms and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. InfoAtoms is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that InfoAtoms adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- InfoAtoms adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- InfoAtoms adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- InfoAtoms adware injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- InfoAtoms adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
How to uninstall InfoAtoms
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for InfoAtoms in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click InfoAtoms to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find InfoAtoms in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the InfoAtoms extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the InfoAtoms add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the InfoAtoms extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove InfoAtoms with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
InfoAtoms removal tips
- If you do not find InfoAtoms in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing InfoAtoms you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.