ZipperPro is recognized as adware by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs like Malwarebytes and HitmanPro. The adware is known to sneak onto a computer system alongside other unwanted programs and malware. It can collect user data, serve advertisements to the user in their web browser, and change existing internet browser settings, which essentially causes affected web browsers to start-up on and redirect to sponsored webpages. Once a computer has become infected with ZipperPro adware, the adware will automatically edit Windows registry and make modifications to the computer system in order to run every time Windows starts. The process ZipperPro.exe will remain active in Windows Task Manager and the file can enable itself if the process has been manually ended.
|Name(s)||ZipperPro, ZipperPro virus, Ads By ZipperPro|
|Short Description||The adware is typically promoted as a free archiver program.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
ZipperPro Removal Guide
ZipperPro can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove ZipperPro and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall ZipperPro from Windows
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
- Step 3: Remove ZipperPro virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove ZipperPro malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall ZipperPro from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall ZipperPro and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find ZipperPro installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for ZipperPro and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select ZipperPro with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled ZipperPro look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove ZipperPro add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a ZipperPro attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove ZipperPro from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ZipperPro extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ZipperPro add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ZipperPro extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove ZipperPro virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove ZipperPro with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove ZipperPro malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove ZipperPro with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.