How to remove Coupon Simplified (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Coupon Simplified?
Coupon Simplified is a browser extension that spies on your browsing data and modifies your browser settings. The Coupon Simplified extension will modify your start page, new tab page, and search engine. This causes your browser to redirect to a new website when you first open a browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web.
The Coupon Simplified extension claims to be a free attachment that will help you find coupons including printable coupons and other offers; However, the extension only redirects you to a website such as Search.hcouponsimplified.com that contains links to the coupons. You do not need to install the extension to visit that website or make it your homepage. Therefor, it can be concluded that the Coupon Simplified extension is not beneficial and is a threat to your privacy.
Extensions like Coupon Simplified are typically advertised on websites that also promote potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), malware, adware, spyware, and other threats. Some websites can automatically drop unwanted files onto your machine or mine for digital currency. If you visited a website that promotes Coupon Simplified or found it attached to your browser, it is possible that other threats have infected your machine.
In order to remove the Coupon Simplified extension, malware, viruses, adware, and other threats from your computer follow the instructions on this page.
Coupon Simplified removal steps
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Coupon Simplified extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Coupon Simplified add-on to remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Coupon Simplified add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Coupon Simplified extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.