Clicon virus is a potentially unwanted programs that many Antivirus and Internet Security programs have included as an adware detection. Clicon uses multiple and standalone browser add-ons and extensions in order to inject websites with pop-up ads. Clicon adware also bundles with third-party programs and can be used to access user browsing data (such as all activities, bookmarks, and history), which is used to formulate targeted ads it feels users are likely to click on.
This particular adware and other similar PUPs are regularly regarded to as the Clicon virus, although this potentially unwanted program is not defined as a computer virus or entirely malicious threat. However, the adware shares many of the same characteristics as computer viruses and can bundle with, or is promoted alongside malicious programs and parasites that can cause further complications aside from ads by Clicon.
How to remove Clicon virus
This Clicon removal guide will help you remove Clicon virus, potentially unwanted programs, malware, and ads by Clicon on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Clicon
- Step 4: Remove Clicon browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Clicon. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Clicon using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Clicon
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Clicon. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Clicon browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Clicon extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.