ChicaLight is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that clutters your computer with an unwanted mess. The program arrives on a PC or laptop as a piece of bundled software that is part of a package with additional malware, adware, spyware, and other threats. Once ChicaLight is installed it will create a new task to launch every time you start your computer (pictured below), create a new file folder in your C drive, and inject the webpages you visit with advertisements.
As previously mentioned, ChicaLight is known to install alongside other malware, adware, spyware, and malicious threats. This means that if you found ChicaLight installed on your computer without your consent or knowledge it is guaranteed that your computer is infected with other malicious programs. The image above shows that this program installed alongside other threats including App, Chromium, DriverFixer, MyMemory, Net Analysis, Program, SpeeDownloader, start, and Teidsc.
The program can be manually uninstall from Windows through the control panel and Programs and Features settings. However, since the program is a realistic threat that is known to bundle with other malware, adware, spyware, and threats it is recommended to use an Antimalware tool to remove ChicaLight and other threats on your computer.
- Right-click Windows start menu and select Programs and Features or open the start menu and go to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find ChicaLight in the list of installed programs and double-click it to begin the uninstall process. Look for other unwanted programs and uninstall them too. If you cannot find a program to install use scan your computer with Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to completely remove all traces of malware from your computer.
Remove ChicaLight with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove ChicaLight with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.