How to remove Bigsrch.xyz redirect (Virus Removal Tutorial)
Several browser plugins, including the Tres extension for Google Chrome are known to hijack your existing internet browser settings and replace the homepage, the page you see when opening a new tab, and the default search engine with Bigsrch.xyz. When this occurs, web searches performed in the address bar and omni box will redirect to several websites before landing on bigsrch.xyz/results.php?wd=(search term).
In addition to unwanted browser redirects, you may also experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Browser plugins that you do not recognize have been installed
- Suspicious apps and programs have been installed
- Pop-up advertisements appear while you browse the web or on Windows desktop
- Pop-up notifications appear in Windows
- Slow browsing experience
- Slow computer performance
Furthermore, the browser extension associated with the website may also have permissions allowing it to perform various tasks that may violate your privacy and affect your browsing experience. Removing the associated browser extension will usually reverse the change to your browser settings.
How to remove Bigsrch.xyz (Virus Removal Tutorial)
This removal tutorial provides steps to remove the Bigsrch.xyz redirect virus, fix browser settings and remove all traces of malware from your computer. This tutorial is designed to be easy to follow, yet detailed to help you completely get rid of malware, unwanted programs, and repair settings that may have been affected.
Step 1: Remove Bigsrch.xyz virus with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes will remove known malware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) from your computer and mobile device.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-220.127.116.1139.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Remove remaining files with HitmanPro
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, tracking files, and repair settings.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Step 4: Check if the extension was removed
Once your computer is clean, ensure that all malicious extensions native to the Bigsrch.xyz redirect virus have been removed from Google Chrome and other web browsers.
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Open the menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
3. Find the Bigsrch.xyz extension and click the Remove button.