Yahoo! Toolbar is a browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension for multiple internet browsers developed and published by Yahoo.com. Yahoo Toolbar is used to change current browser settings, including the homepage, as well as new tabs and default search. This causes browser redirects to Yahoo! Search when an internet user opens a new browser window, tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar.
Yahoo Toolbar is not malicious or defined as malware; However, the program may participate in marketing techniques that are often frowned upon by malware analysts, as well as perform tactics similar to the adware and browser hijacker categories of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Yahoo! Toolbar installs alongside another program called Yahoo! Software Update by Yahoo! Inc. Once installed, the Toolbar will appear at the top of an open browser window. The Toolbar will change the homepage of the affected browser to Yahoo.com, and will begin to generate advertisements, including pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window.
Since Yahoo Toolbar utilizes different marketing tactics, this program may bundle with additional adware and other unwanted programs. This is why it is recommended to use reputable security software in order to remove any potentially malicious threats if you find this program installed onto your computer and attached to Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Yahoo! Toolbar is often promoted during the setup and installation process of third-party freeware. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install this toolbar and change their browser homepage to search.yahoo.com (or other), as well as install additional programs; However, the request to decline may be presented in a confusing manner or ignore the request to decline bundled software.
- This Yahoo! Toolbar removal guide will help you remove the Yahoo Toolbar virus and uninstall Yahoo Toolbar malware from Windows in order to get rid of unwanted pop-up advertisements and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to remove Yahoo Toolbar virus
- Option 1: Yahoo Toolbar Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Yahoo Toolbar malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro software, and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Yahoo Toolbar – This second option details how to manually uninstall Yahoo! Toolbar and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Yahoo Toolbar Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Yahoo Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Yahoo Toolbar adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Yahoo! Toolbar, Yahoo! Software Update, and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Yahoo Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Yahoo Toolbar
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Yahoo Toolbar adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Yahoo Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Yahoo! Toolbar, Yahoo! Software Update, and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Yahoo Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Yahoo Toolbar add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Yahoo Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Yahoo Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Yahoo Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Yahoo! Search
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Yahoo search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Yahoo search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Yahoosearch engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.lasaoren.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Yahoo.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Yahoo.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Yahoo.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Yahoo.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.