What is Taplika Search?
Taplika.com is a suspicious search engine and the title of a browser hijacker known to corrupt existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer in order to cause browser redirects to taplika.com, search.yahoo.com, and other search engines
Taplika.com search engine uses potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including questionable browser helper objects, add-ons, and extensions that install to a Microsoft Windows operating system and attach to affected internet browsers. These applications regularly have permissions set that allow them to access and change existing internet browser settings. Browser settings these items may change include the homepage, default, managed, and provided search engines, as well as browser themes, bookmarks, and targeted shortcuts. In turn, browser changes may cause internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to taplika.com and other websites.
Malware analyst also find that browser hijackers associated with this search engine may act as a standalone advertising platform or bundle with third-party items, including adware that accesses user information and serves targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers that say something similar to “Taplika Search App Ads.”
The most common symptoms of the Taplika Search virus (although not technically a computer virus) is unwanted browser start-ups and redirects to the search engine and pop-up advertisements that appear while online. Most browser redirects occur when a user opens a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar. In some cases, the browser hijacker will redirect users to search.yahoo.com.
How to remove Taplika Search virus
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Taplika Search and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Taplika Search App adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Taplika Search App
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Taplika Search App and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Taplika Search add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Taplika Search add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Taplika.com extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Taplika.com add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Taplika.com add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Taplika.com search engine
The default, managed, and provided search engines are the internal search engines used by internet browsers.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Taplika.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Taplika.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Taplika.com search engine to remove it.
Please note, If the unwanted search engine is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Taplika.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove taplika.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove taplika.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove taplika.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.