SafeBytes (Virus Removal)
SafeBytes (also found as SafeBytes Antivirus, Anti-Malware, or Security Suite by SafeBytes Software Inc.) is a Malware removal Tool and Windows Optimizer (Windows Maintenance Suite), as well as a software publisher with a terrible online reputation. This program and programs by the same publisher are noted for being advertisement-supported and utilizing unethical marketing practices to create customers. These programs may cause harm and offer no realistic value to computer users.
The SafeBytes virus (although not technically a computer virus) is known to cause a variety problems for computer users relating to the invasion of privacy, targeted advertisements, misleading system scans, misleading marketing tactics, and decrease in system performance and loss of internet connection. Furthermore, if potential SafeBytes scareware is installed, the program will automatically and without direct authorization enable remote access to the ‘infected’ computer.
Many users have also found potential SafeBytes malware installed onto their Windows computer without their permission, including Total System Care and Driver Manager. This is because these program that many security analysts label “rogue software” may engage in suspicious marketing techniques that allow it to bundle with third-party items and infiltrate a computer system without initial real-time detection. This program can also be manually downloaded and installed by computer users from the publisher’s websites.
In some cases users will be presented with the option to install SafeBytes Antivirus (Anti-Malware) and other items, including browser add-ons and extensions during the installation process of third-party freeware from websites such as download.com; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
This program performs misleading and non-beneficial scans that will claim a large amount of junk files, registry related problems, malware, and other issues are present on the computer system in order to scare victims into registering and purchasing the full version of this program to fix the alleged issues
How to remove SafeBytes (Virus Removal)
This SafeBytes removal guide contains instructions to remove SafeBytes virus and other malware from Microsoft Windows. Get rid of SafeBytes Antivirus and Security Suite software with the easy steps on this webpage.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SafeBytes and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SafeBytes Security Suite software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
If permitted, use the instructions below to manually uninstall SafeBytes from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
How to uninstall SafeBytes
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SafeBytes Security Suite software in the list of installed programs such as SafeBytes Antivirus, Driver Manager, or Total System Care. Once the potentially rogue Windows program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button for each item.