How to remove Your Television Now (Virus Removal Guide)
Your Television Now by SaferBrowser is the title of a browser add-on and extension and deceptive search engine website that is known to take control of your existing internet browser settings such as the homepage, default search engine which allows you to perform a web search in the address bar, and new tab settings. Once the Your Television Now extension has been installed it will change these browser settings and cause affected browsers to start-up on a Your Television Now search website operated by SaferBrowser (search.yourtelevisionnow.com) and redirect to the search website when an internet search is performed in the address or omni bar or a new tab is opened.
Your Television Now is recognized as adware by most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware vendors. It is essentially the same extension as TelevisionFanatic and other attachments that bare similar titles. The Your Television Now extension can collect user data, serve advertisements to the user in their web browser, and change existing internet browser settings without your consent. Your Television Now also bundles with or is promoted alongside malware and other threats that will edit Windows registry and make modifications to the computer system in order to run every time Windows starts.
|Name(s)||Your Television Now, Your Television Now virus, Your Television Now New Tab, Your Television Now by SaferBrowser|
|Short Description||Your Television Now is promoted as a free video streaming app.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||Your Television Now bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is Your Television Now?
Your Television Now is promoted as a free video streaming app that allows you to watch local networks on your computer. It claims to give you access to the latest TV shows and movies. Even if the browser extension does what it is supposed to do it can cause many problems, slow down your browsing experience, and violate your privacy.
The Your Television Now extension for Google Chrome has a lot of permissions. Aside from changing your browser settings, the extension has permissions set allowing it to perform these tasks:
- Read and change your browser history
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Manage your downloads
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
Your Television Now Removal
Your Television Now can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Your Television Now and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall Your Television Now from Windows
- Step 2: Remove Your Television Now add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Your Television Now virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Your Television Now malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall Your Television Now from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Your Television Now and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Your Television Now installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Your Television Now and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select Your Television Now with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Your Television Now look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove Your Television Now add-ons and extensions
Follow the instructions to remove Your Television Now add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Your Television Now attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Your Television Now from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Your Television Now extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Your Television Now add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Your Television Now extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Your Television Now virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Your Television Now with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Your Television Now malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Your Television Now with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.