YeaBests.cc virus is a browser hijacker that makes unwanted changes to existing internet browser settings once it has been contracted. The yeabests.cc website utilizes various programs and browser attachments, including the native applications and third-party objects, in order to replace the homepage, default search engine, and new tab page with a new web address. Once a cooperating program has been installed it will immediately replace existing settings, which in turn causes affected web browsers to start-up on yeabests.cc and redirect to the website when a search is performed in the address bar or new tab is opened.
Although many call this threat the “yeabests.cc virus” it is not technically a computer virus; However, cooperating objects are very intrusive and deceptive. For example, a cooperating browser extension might be advertised as something it is not in order to trick users into installing it on false pretenses. The extension will then obtain permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, communicate with cooperating websites, change your search settings to yeabests.cc, and more.
In addition to unwanted browser modification there are other symptoms and threats that can be established if a user’s browser begins to redirect to yeabests.cc. The initial threat usually bundles with other unwanted programs and malware. This can cause supplementary problems, such as a slower computer and unwanted pop-up advertisements.
- Commercial advertisements in the web browser
- Browser redirects to yeabests.cc and other websites
- Slow and sluggish computer
- Decreased internet connectivity, functionality, and performance
- Bundles with or is advertised alongside malware and other potentially unwanted programs
How to remove yeabests.cc (Virus Removal Guide)
This yeabests.cc virus removal guide will help you completely remove yeabests.cc, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove YeaBests.cc search engine
- Step 4: Remove YeaBests.cc homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. Go to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program) in the Programs section.
3. The Programs and Features window will open. This window contains a list of programs installed on your computer. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click it to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall). To sort programs that were recently installed on your computer click the “Installed On” tab. This makes it easier to identify problematic programs that may have been contracted around the same time you started to notice symptoms of this infection.
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons, select one individually with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 3: Remove YeaBests.cc search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove YeaBests.cc search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove YeaBests.cc search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to YeaBests.cc search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove YeaBests.cc homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove YeaBests.cc from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove YeaBests.cc from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove YeaBests.cc and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.