How to remove Web Bar (Virus Removal Guide)
Web Bar virus
Web Bar by Web Bar Media (Web Bar 2.0.5309.24918, WebBar) is a potentially unwanted program and potential malware in the form of a toolbar that appears on the top of Windows Desktop or internet browser that contains a search box that often says “Search the Web.” Web Bar usually contains links to Facebook, Wikipedia, YouTube, Amazon, and other websites.
Many users have found Web Bar installed onto their computers without consent alongside third-party adware and other unwanted items. Associated programs may be used to collect user information and display targeted advertisements.
Web Bar primarily bundles with freeware and can be contracted via suspicious advertisements. If you find this program on your computer it is likely that third-party PUPs and malware may have also been introduced. To remove this program and associated items please see the instructions below.
How to remove the Web Bar virus
- Option 1: Web Bar Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Web Bar malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Web Bar – This second option details how to manually uninstall Web Bar and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Web Bar Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Web Bar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Web Bar adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Web Bar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Web Bar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Web Bar
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Web Bar adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Web Bar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Web Bar by Web Bar Media (Web Bar 2.0.5309.24918) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Web Bar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Web Bar add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Web Bar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Web Bar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Web Bar add-on and remove it if located.