How to remove the Shopop virus (Removal Guide)
The Shopop virus (also found as the Shop Pop virus, My Pop Shop virus, Shopop Widget, etc.; though not technically a computer virus) is malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent in order to serve different forms of targeted pop-up advertisements.
Once Shopop malware is installed, the unwanted program and Shopop Widget browser extension will being to change operating system and internet browser settings, collect sensitive user information, and display target advertisements, deals, and offers.
Shopop generates a wide variety of advertisements from pop-up, pop-under, in-text (pictured below), to simple banner adverts that may appear to be generate from a visited website.
Most of the time Shopop pop-up ads appear form the bottom and top right of an open internet browser window with targeted coupons and that may say “Deals” on the corner of the pop-up, alike the advertisement in the image above. Some of these advertisements will say something similar to “brought by Shopop” or “Shopop Deals.”
Shopop malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
The Shopop Widget extension for Google Chrome (Shop Pop) has permission to access all data on your computer and the websites you visit.
How does Shopop adware get onto a computer?
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Shopop adware and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner in order to trick users into installing excessive bloatware and malware.
Shopop adware can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of unethical sources including the company website.
How to remove the Shopop virus
- Automatically remove Shopop virus - Scan for and automatically remove Shopop adware and third-party malware
- Manually remove Shopop virus - Remove/Uninstall Shopop adware and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Shopop virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Shopop adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Shopop adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Shopop and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Shopop (Publisher: My Pop Shop Ltd.), etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Shopop virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Shopop adware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures. Please note, it may be necessary to uninstall multiple third-party programs.
How to uninstall Shopop
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Shopop (Publisher: My Pop Shop Ltd.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Shopop may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Shopop add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Shopop Widget add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Shopop Widget extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Shopop Widget add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Shopop Widget add-on and remove it if located.