How to remove PureLeads (Virus Removal Guide)
If you are seeing Ads by PureLeads you may be infected with the PureLeads virus (also found as Pure Leads virus). PureLeads is potential malware (or a PUP) categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that primarily installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with orwithout direct user consent. The PureLeads adware program is used to serve targeted advertisements, which in return may create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once PureLeads malware is installed to a computer system, the adware program may being to collect user information and in turn will use the information to display target advertisements, deals, and offers via pop-up advertisements.
PureLeads advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window, some are in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by PureLeads” on them, and some are pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by PureLeads” or “PureLeads Deal for you!”on them.
The PureLeads add-on and extension may have permission to access your sensitive information including your browsing habits and history. PureLeads may also submit your information to third-party marketing and mailing lists, as well as third-party contractors.
This program may also change your existing internet browser settings and can cause Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites and online surveys. PureLeads claims to be a free program used to block against malicious websites, but may promote unwanted websites in the process in order to generate revenue via sponsored links.
How does PureLeads malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PureLeads software and other items when downloading software or during third-party software installation setup; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the PureLeads virus
- Automatically remove PureLeads virus – Scan for and automatically remove PureLeads and third-party malware
- Manually remove PureLeads virus – Remove/Uninstall PureLeads and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic PureLeads removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PureLeads and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PureLeads adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PureLeads and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PureLeads, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual PureLeads removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PureLeads and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall PureLeads
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PureLeads and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that PureLeads may use a different title name than suggested.
4. Restart your computer to completely remove PureLeads adware from Microsoft Windows.
*Please note that once the uninstall is finished your browser may open up on a survey. To avoid unwanted activity, please close your browser window if this happens.
How to remove PureLeads add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove PureLeads add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PureLeads extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PureLeads add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PureLeads add-on and remove it if located.