PC Tech Hotline virus
PC Tech Hotline by Crawler LLC. (also known as PCTechHotline virus, PC Tech Hotline virus) is a very intrusive and untrustworthy Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and adware that can infiltrate your computer system without your permission and display advertisements on Windows desktop and affected internet browsers while you browse the web.
Users may notice that PCTechHotline displays a green colored button or toolbar on every open window or taskbar, often covering the options to minimize, restore down, or close a window. This may appear on internet browsers as well as proprietary programs and software such as Adobe Photoshop. Once the PCTechHotline button is clicked, a pop-up will appear promoting the Tech Support service.
PC Tech Hotline and third-party malware may also change existing internet browser settings, such as homepages and default search engines, causing unwanted browser redirections to websites such as Qone8, collect user information, and display targeted advertisements, among introduce a computer to additional problems.
Potential PCTechHotline malware primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware found on websites similar to download.com. This program is also active in advertisements, torrents, and similar items found on websites like thepiratebay.
In some cases a user may be given the option to install PCTechHotline or software developed by Crawler LLC during the setup process of freeware and shareware; However, users often complain that this program installed without consent and knowledge or that the option to install this software was never given.
[fancy_box title=”PCTechHotline overview”]
- PCTechHotline bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- PCTechHotline is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- PCTechHotline injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- PCTechHotline makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove PCTechHotline virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove PCTechHotline virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove PCTechHotline
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove PCTechHotline virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “PCTechHotline” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing PCTechHotline we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove PCTechHotline.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove PCTechHotline
How to uninstall PCTechHotline
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for PCTechHotline in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click PCTechHotline to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PCTechHotline in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove PCTechHotline below.[/note]
How to remove PCTechHotline add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PCTechHotline extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the PCTechHotline add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the PCTechHotline extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PCTechHotline in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove PCTechHotline below.[/note]
PCTechHotline virus removal tips
- If you do not find PCTechHotline in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing PCTechHotline you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411