PC Clean Plus by Jawego Partners LLC is a Windows Optimizer program. It is often promoted in advertised embedded onto video streaming websites, torrenting websites, and pornography websites. The program also be promoted by third-party freeware download managers and software bundlers may as a custom install.
|Name||PC Clean Plus, PC Clean Plus virus *This program is not a computer virus|
|Publisher||Jawego Partners LLC|
|Path||C:/Program Files (x86), C:/Program Files|
|Publisher Description||This software is designed to diagnose your PC problems and repair them quickly. It scans your PC and finds the problems and effectively fixes them.|
|Detection Category||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Detection & Removal Tool||Click To Download Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is PC Clean Plus?
PC Clean Plus is described as a Windows repair tool for operating systems 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It claims to diagnose and fix your PC problems in 3 simple steps which include downloading the executable installer file, installing the program, and running a scan to fix the detected errors by clicking the “Fix All” button. However, this is not exactly the case. The program is not essentially free to use. It is simply a free scanner tool that has the potential to show you possibly deceptive, misleading, or non-beneficial results. You have to purchase a subscription the PC Clean Plus program in order to take advantage of it’s alleged features.
The program may employ deceptive marketing tactics and/or carefully worded advertisements to generate potential customers. As previously mentioned the program is advertised on the publisher’s website to diagnose and fix your PC problems in 3 simple steps. None of the steps mention that you must purchase a subscription to the program.
Furthermore, advertisements circulated by this publisher may be provocative, deceptive, and/or designed to cause anxiety, shock, or fear. A common PC Clean Plus advertisement looks like a computer alert notification message that says “Attention: Your PC performance might be poor” and further states to “click on Yes button below to fix windows errors now.” The advertisement contains a Yes and a No button; both of which are part of the same advertisement and direct to the same URL.
PC Clean Plus Removal Guide
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall PC Clean Plus and unwanted programs
- Remove PC Clean Plus and unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this program is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this program is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall PC Clean Plus and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this program is to uninstall PC Clean Plus and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for PC Clean Plus in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled PC Clean Plus search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove PC Clean Plus and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove this program is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this program is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.