How to remove PalTalk (Virus Removal Guide)
The PalTalk virus is a term used for a possibly legitimate program that some security vendors have marked as potential malware (or a PUP) and categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. PalTalk is known to download and installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system and mobile devices such as Androids and iPhones without direct user consent and also attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension.
PalTalk is promoted as a free download that allows chat online and over mobile devices; However, PalTalk or software that bundles with the application is used to serve a variety of targeted advertisements, which may create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once PalTalk malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information that it and third-parties use to display target advertisements, deals, and offers for searched items or currently viewed websites and products on retail websites such as Walmart or eBay.
PalTalk advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say “Ads by PalTalk” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by PalTalk” on them.
PalTalk may also cause affected internet browsers to redirect to unwanted websites and search engines, as the program and third-party items that bundle with it may change existing internet browser settings such as the homepage, browser shortcut, and default search engine.
How does PalTalk malware get onto a computer?
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PalTalk software and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner in order to trick users into installing excessive bloatware and malware.
The PalTalk app can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from various company websites such as paltalk.com.
How to remove the PalTalk virus
- Automatically remove PalTalk virus – Scan for and automatically remove PalTalk and third-party malware
- Manually remove PalTalk virus – Remove/Uninstall PalTalk and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic PalTalk virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PalTalk and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PalTalk adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PalTalk and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PalTalk, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual PalTalk virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PalTalk and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall PalTalk
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PalTalk and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that PalTalk may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove PalTalk add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove PalTalk add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PalTalk extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PalTalk add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PalTalk add-on and remove it if located.