NewTab-TV plus is a browser attachment that is recognized by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs as adware. The primary objectives of this adware is to redirect users to sponsored webpages and serve different variants of pop-up, in-text, banner, and pop-under advertisements on the web browser. The adware serves advertisements across Google Chrome and other web browsers from various advertising platforms. The adware will also change your homepage, internal search engine, and the webpage that opens when you open a new tab. The browser extension can also bundle with or be promoted alongside other threats that can have an affect on Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari.
|Name||NewTab-TV plus, NewTab-TV plus virus, NewTab-TV plus, NewTabTV plus, NewTabTV|
|Short Description||The adware is promoted as a free web utility.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is NewTab-TV plus?
NewTab-TV plus is promoted as a free web utility and toolbar that contains quick links to online content and special features.
Once NewTab-TV plus adware is contracted it automatically change your default browser settings, which causes you to redirect to sponsored search engines. It will display intrusive ads on the internet and Windows desktop. Various user details may also be obtained from the adware to formulate ‘targeted’ advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. Details include your browser history, bookmarks, apps, and more.
The NewTab-TV plus extension for Google Chrome has various permissions set allowing it to collect and read data, as well as modify your browser settings. The main outlined permission claims that NewTab-TV plus can change your search settings to search.newtabtvplussearch.com. When this occurs your internet browser will start-up on and redirect to search.newtabtvplussearch.com and other webpages when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address or omni bar.
NewTab-TV plus Removal Steps
NewTab-TV plus can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove NewTab-TV plus and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall NewTab-TV plus from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall NewTab-TV plus and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find NewTab-TV plus installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for NewTab-TV plus, Chromium, and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select NewTab-TV plus with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled NewTab-TV plus look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove NewTab-TV plus and other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a NewTab-TV plus attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove NewTab-TV plus from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewTab-TV plus extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons and click Remove if any are located.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the suspicious extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button if any are located.
Step 3: Remove NewTab-TV plus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove NewTab-TV plus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove NewTab-TV plus with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove NewTab-TV plus with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.