How to remove NewTabTV (Virus Removal Guide)
NewTabTV (also searched for as NewTabTV virus) is an adware type browser hijacker that changes your search engine and new browser tab to search.newtabtvsearch.com. Once the NewTabTV extension has attached to an affected internet browser it will immediately change existing internet browser settings, which causes affected internet browsers to start-up and redirect to search.newtabtvsearch.com when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or use the address bar to search the web.
What is NewTabTV?
NewTabTV is promoted as a browser extension that allows you to “override the new tab and default search with search.newtabtvsearch.com and add links to your favorite media sites.” NewTabTV is typically advertised on media related websites, including file sharing websites and torrent websites. It is frequently and deceptively promoted as a free media player, media player update, or object that is necessary to view or download media related content online.
The NewTabTV extension for Google Chrome and other internet browsers will change existing settings, which causes browser redirects to search.newtabtv.com and other webpages. Search.newtabtvsearch.com is a sponsored search engine that displays sponsored search results, which generates revenue for NewTabTV.
NewTabTV can also be introduced to an affected internet browser without user knowledge. It can automatically attach itself to Google Chrome browser alongside other unwanted programs and adware type browser extensions. Not only can NewTabTV be responsible for unwanted browser redirects, the browser extension may be associated with pop-up advertisements. If you find NewTabTV attached to your internet browser you may experience unwanted browser redirects and may become bombarded with intrusive pop-up ads that generate content based off of your browser bookmarks, browser history, and other personal browsing data.
NewTabTV is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware type browser hijacker is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove NewTabTV if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
This comprehensive NewTabTV removal guide will help you remove NewTabTV virus from your PC and stop browser redirects to search.newtabtvsearch.com on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
Remove NewTabTV (Virus Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall NewTabTV
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove NewTabTV with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall NewTabTV
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for NewTabTV in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click NewTabTV to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find NewTabTV in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewTabTV extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the NewTabTV add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewTabTV extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove NewTabTV with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “NewTabTV” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing NewTabTV we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove NewTabTV.[/note]
NewTabTV virus removal tips
- If you do not find NewTabTV in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing NewTabTV you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411