How to remove Megasoft Security (Virus Removal Guide)
Megasoft Security is the name of a directory folder associated with Privoxy. If you find a folder path titled Megasoft Security on your computer it means that a potentially unwanted program and possible malware has infected your computer. The program Privoxy associated with the folder path “Megasoft Security” is known to cause a lot of problems for computer users. The Megasoft Security program primarily changes proxy and LAN settings of computers that it infects and displays pop-up ads across affected web browsers.
Once a computer has become infected with Megasoft Security it will edit Windows registry and make modifications to the computer system in order to run every time Windows starts. The process Megasoft Security.exe will remain active in Windows Task Manager and the file can enable itself if the process has been manually ended.
|Name(s)||Megasoft Security, Megasoft Security virus, Ads By Megasoft Security|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
Megasoft Security Screenshot
What is Megasoft Security?
Megasoft Security does not have an adequate description.
Megasoft Security Removal Guide
Megasoft Security cannot be uninstalled manually from your computer; However, reputable Anti-Malware programs such as Malwarebytes can be used to completely remove Megasoft Security and associated threats. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Megasoft Security and other threats fro your computer.
- Step 1: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
- Step 3: Remove Megasoft Security virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Megasoft Security malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall unwanted programs from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find unwanted programs installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select the unwanted program with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find unwanted attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Megasoft Security virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Megasoft Security with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Megasoft Security malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Megasoft Security with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.