How to remove Browser Extensions (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Browser Extensions?
Browser Extensions (by Spigot, Inc.) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and malware that installs and attaches multiple adware and browser hijackers in the form of add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions to Microsoft Windows and affected internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Not to be confused the the term “browser extension,” the program Browser Extensions is used infect a computer with additional program published by the same Publisher, Spigot, Inc. or other, including a program titled Search Protection.
Once potential Browser Extensions malware is installed a user may notice pop-up advertisements and browser redirects to unwanted websites, including but not limited to search.yahoo.com.
If Browser Extensions is installed a user may also notice multiple add-ons and extensions installed to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. These additional add-ons and extensions often have their own permissions that allow them to access and collect user information, including browser activity and history, as well as change browser settings including homepages, new tabs, and default, managed, and provided search engines.
User information may be used to display targeted advertisements or display sponsored search results.
This program primarily installs and bundles with freeware distributed by websites such as download.com. In some cases a user may be given the opportunity to decline or accept an offer to install this program and additional items; However, the request to decline is often confusing for many users or ignored by rogue download managers.
- This page is a Browser Extensions removal guide that will help you remove Browser Extensions by Spigot, Inc., as well as additional malware and generic browser add-ons and extensions. These instructions can be used to remove simple browser extensions if that is what you seek.
How to remove Browser Extensions virus
- Option 1: Browser Extensions Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Browser Extensions malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2:Manually remove Browser Extensions – This second option details how to manually uninstall Browser Extensions and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Browser Extensions Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Browser Extensions and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, startup up settings, and uninstall the Browser Extensions hijacker, as well as associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface to clean up unnecessary files.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious program entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Browser Extensions (by Spigot) and other unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Browser Extensions, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Browser Extensions
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Browser Extensions from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Browser Extensions
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu – You can chose “Program and Features” at the top of the menu as a shortcut).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Browser Extensions (by Spigot) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button. Repeat the same steps for additional software.
How to remove Browser Extensions add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Browser Extensions add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Browser Extensions extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Browser Extensions add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Browser Extensions add-on and remove it if located.