How to remove Adware Helpers (Virus Removal Guide)
Adware Helpers virus
Adware Helpers is adware that primarily affects the Microsoft Windows Operating System and is used to serve advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers by use of browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, extensions, and plugins. These programs are often detected as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) by security vendors and can cause additional issues.
Associated Adware Helpers programs, including browser add-ons and extensions often have permission to access and collect user information. Information such as browser activity and history is used to generate targeted advertisements on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Collected user information may also be distributed to third-party mailing lists, resulting in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers.
Advertisements display by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Adware Helpers” or “Powered by;” although these advertisements may be served by third-party adware and advertising platforms, such as RightCoupon.
This program may have permossion to access, collect, and change data and settings on a computer system and internet browser. This may cause other issues including unwanted browser redirects.
How to remove Adware Helpers virus
- Option 1: Adware Helpers Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Adware Helpers malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Adware Helpers – This second option details how to manually uninstall Adware Helpers and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Adware Helpers Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Adware Helpers and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Adware Helpers adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for suspicious tutles in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Adware Helpers
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Adware Helpers adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Adware Helpers
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for potentially unwanted software. Once the programs are located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Adware Helpers add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Adware Helpers add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for suspicious add-ons and remove them manually.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for suspicious add-ons and remove them if located. If the option to remove the add-on is not available, disable the add-on, and try to uninstall it first via Windows Control Panel.