360 Safe virus
The 360 Safe virus (also found as 360safe virus, 360safe.com virus, 360 Safe – Antivirus,Clean by Qihu 360 Software Co., LTD(QIHU)) is a term for a very controversial and possibly extremely dangerous Antivirus program, as well as the title of an Internet Browser for multiple platforms including Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X, as well as mobile devices, including Android and Iphone. 360Safe (or 360 Safe) is detected as malware by many security vendors, as well as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by others, and is categorized as scareware and spyware (also referred to as Rogue Software). In fact, 360safe.exe (ebb0e69443cf4d7e7bacbddb46a2351a) has a 36/44 detection ration as being a Worm or Trojan.
There are many concerns in regards to the 360Safe program relating to misleading scan results, unethical marketing practices, extreme privacy issues, the loss of computer functionality and performance, and much more.
Alike fake Antivirus and Optimization software such as Yet Another Cleaner, 360 Safe Antivirus and Cleaning software may perform misleading scans that conclude with fraudulent results in order to scare victims into believing that their computers are in more harm than they are. This tactic is often referred to as FUD.
- 360 Safe may cause pop-up advertisements similar to PassShow adware.
- 360Safe may change internet browser settings; including the homepage and default search engine. In turn, this causes browser redirects and start-ups to unwanted websites.
- In some cases, 360Safe can not be manually installed unless the user chooses to install 360Safe Browser. Many have complained of this tactic and compared it to most malware developers.
- 360 Security and other 360safe.com software raise many privacy concerns. The program may collect manually submitted information such as a users purchase information or data such as names and email addresses. This information may be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists, as well as used by 360safe.com to send messages to users. In most cases, users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail at home, and even telephone calls from telemarketers.
- 360 Safe has been reported to collect much more information, including complete user browsing and computing activities while the program(s) is installed.
- 360safe.com is notorious for manipulating and fabricating 360 Safe reviews and reviews of their products across many online networks.
- 360 Safe software can be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed by a user; However, many users have claimed that the program installed without consent. If this is the case, 360safe.com software such as 360 Security or 360 Vault may have bundled with online freeware and shareware. In some cases a user is given the choice to opt out of installing bundled software; although the choice to accept or decline is often presented in a confusing manner.
How to remove the 360 Safe virus
- Automatically remove 360 Safe virus – Scan for and automatically remove 360 Safe and third-party malware
- Manually remove 360 Safe virus – Remove/Uninstall 360 Safe and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic 360 Safe virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove 360 Safe and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall 360 Safe scareware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall 360 Safe (by Qihu 360 Software Co LTD(QIHU)) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for 360 Safe, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual 360 Safe virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall 360 Safe and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
*To remove this program from Mac OS X, please drag the program icon into the trash.
*To remove this program from a Mobile Device, please visit your App settings and find 360.com malware in the list of installed Apps. Click the option to delete the program.
How to uninstall 360 Safe (Windows)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for 360 Safe (by Qihu 360 Software Co LTD(QIHU)) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. *Keep in mind that 360 Safe may use a different title name than suggested, as well as bundle with third-party software.
How to remove 360 Safe add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove 360 Safe add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the 360 Safe extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the 360 Safe add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the 360 Safe add-on and remove it if located.