How to remove PriceMinus (Virus Removal Guide)
PriceMinus (also found as PriceMinus virus, Price Minus) is known adware and an advertisement-supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) that serves advertisements while users browse the web. Once PriceMinus adware has been contracted it will access user browsing data and use the data to manufacture ‘targeted’ advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on. Ads by PriceMinus adware may arrive as banners, skyscrapers, pop-under webpage ads, in-image ads, an in-text advertisements that appear when a user hovers their mouse over underlined and hyperlinked text.
What is PriceMinus?
PriceMinus is promoted as a free web shopping utility that can help internet users locate online coupons and deals. PriceMinus can be found as a Windows program that can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel or as a web browser attachment.
PriceMinus serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users while they browse the internet. This is a privacy concern because targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has access to user browsing data, such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
Furthermore, PriceMinus bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
PriceMinus adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if PriceMinus is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did PriceMinus get on my computer?
PriceMinus adware is usually contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user alongside third-party programs and files, such as freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware can be introduced to a computer system and affected internet browsers with or without user authorization.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install PriceMinus adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline PriceMinus adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline PriceMinus from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”PriceMinus overview”]
- The PriceMinus extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The PriceMinus extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- PriceMinus bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- PriceMinus can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- PriceMinus injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- PriceMinus makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove PriceMinus (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove PriceMinus extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall PriceMinus from Windows
- Step 3: Remove PriceMinus virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove PriceMinus extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PriceMinus extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the PriceMinus add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the PriceMinus extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall PriceMinus from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for PriceMinus and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove PriceMinus virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.