How to remove PC Privacy Dock (Virus Removal)
PC Privacy Dock (Virus Removal)
PC Privacy Dock (also searched for as PC Privacy Dock virus, PCPrivacyDock, PC Privacy Shield) is detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by reputable security software such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware. PC Privacy Dock is known to download and install onto a computer system without user consent or by means of aggressive and unethical marketing techniques which are designed to trick the user into manually installing it.
PC Privacy Dock is known to be deceptive and cause a lot of problems for computer users. It can infiltrate a computer system without user consent and gather your personal browsing (all activities, bookmarks, history) and computing information. What the publishers do with this information is not entirely clear, but it will most likely be shared with third-parties and used for various undesirable marketing purposes.
What is PC Privacy Dock?
PC Privacy Dock is promoted as a free shield to wipe out all of your digital footprint, including your browsing history, file usage and chat room records. It claims to clean either all or specific information upon choice.
Once potential PC Privacy Dock malware has been completely installed it will begin to scan your computer and internet browsing data. It will search for your usernames and passwords, scan your browser history, scan instant messaging applications, and scan local trace files including your activity logs.
When the PC Privacy Dock scan is complete it will claim that a large amount of records are found and that you should remove them to protect you privacy and identity. However, in order to remove records found by PC Privacy Dock you must first purchase the software.
PC Privacy Dock is known to be potentially dangerous, which is why many people identify it as the “PC Privacy Dock virus” even though it is not technically defined as a computer virus. Aside from essentially being an unnecessary and possibly malicious program, PC Privacy Dock will use up your compute resources, including memory and CPU. This can cause your computer to become slow and sluggish, or even crash.
To make matters much worse, PC Privacy Dock bundles with other unwanted programs, adware, and very severe forms of malware. If you have found PC Privacy Dock installed on your computer without your consent it is very likely that your computer has become infected with malicious software. Third-party threats that bundle with PC Privacy Dock can cause additional issues for computer and internet users, and will ultimately put everyone’s privacy at risk.
There are different ways that PC Privacy Dock can get onto your computer. It is often promoted by third-party freeware installers and download managers as a custom or sponsored offer. Users will be able to accept or decline the program from gaining entrance to their computers, but this isn’t always the case. PC Privacy Dock can also automatically download in the background while you work on your computer via third-party software bundlers, trojan horses, and other files.
[fancy_box title=”PC Privacy Dock overview”]
- PC Privacy Dock bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- PC Privacy Dock is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- PC Privacy Dock injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- PC Privacy Dock makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove PC Privacy Dock virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove PC Privacy Dock virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove PC Privacy Dock
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove PC Privacy Dock virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “PC Privacy Dock” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing PC Privacy Dock we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove PC Privacy Dock.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove PC Privacy Dock
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for PC Privacy Dock in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click PC Privacy Dock to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PC Privacy Dock in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove PC Privacy Dock below.[/note]
PC Privacy Dock virus removal tips
- If you do not find PC Privacy Dock in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing PC Privacy Dock you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411