PC Clean Maestro (Removal Instructions)
PC Clean Maestro by CompuClever Systems Inc. is a questionable Windows Optimizer type program that is usually offered as a bundle alongside other CompuClever products such as PC TuneUp Maestro. PC Clean Maestro may seem like a legitimate and safe program; However, the program may utilize deceptive and misleading marketing tactics and bundle with potentially unwanted programs and malware. If you find PC Clean Maestro installed on your computer without your knowledge you may be at risk.
Our test machine was introduced to PC Clean Maestro and products by the same publisher by a third-party download manager called Install Assistant. Install Assistant is a download manager that is primarily used to bundle unwanted programs, adware, malware, and some legitimate forms of freeware or trial software with downloadable content. Install Assistant was used to install known malware called HD Streaming Movies and this program alongside other programs by the same publisher were contracted.
Advertisements used to promote the Install Assistant download manager were found on prohibited media related websites associated with streaming videos and torrents. The advertisement claimed that an update was needed to view videos online even though that is not the case. The misleading advertisement then installed the program and gave us an option to accept or decline an offer to install PC Maestro Power Suite, which is a collection of programs by CompuClever Systems Inc. including Program Management Console and PC Clean Maestro.
This program is not free to use. It is simply a scanner and users must purchase a license to use it.
PC Clean Maestro Details
|Name||PC Clean Maestro, PC Clean Maestro virus *This program is not a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Clean your PC. Remove junk files. Prevent Identity theft. Safeguard your private information.|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
PC Clean Maestro Removal Instructions
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall PC Clean Maestro and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted browser extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove threats from your computer is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove threats from your computer is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall PC Clean Maestro and unwanted programs
The third step to remove threats from your computer is to uninstall PC Clean Maestro and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for PC Clean Maestro Supporting Application in the list and double click it to begin the uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled PC Clean Maestro, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted browser extensions
The fourth step to remove threats from your computer is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove threats from your computer is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.