How to remove OBRONA BlockAds (Virus Removal Guide)
OBRONA BlockAds (also known as OBRONA BlockAds virus, Obrona virus) is a potential unwanted program in the adware category of computer threats that installs alongside other unwanted programs. The potentially unwanted program is known to harm a computer system, access personal browsing data, and serve targeted advertisements.
Potential OBRONA BlockAds malware is promoted as a free trial and most of the time infiltrates a computer system as a 7-day trial version. We found that this program does not accurately block all advertisements upon product review.
What is OBRONA BlockAds?
Publisher Description: You hate aggressive ads? Well, so d we! Try for free the 7 Days Limited Version of Obrona BlockAds and never see them again!
- OBRONA BlockAds may bundle with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OBRONA BlockAds can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OBRONA BlockAds can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OBRONA BlockAds can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with OBRONA BlockAds can manage your downloads.
How does OBRONA BlockAds get on a computer?
The OBRONA virus (not technically defined as a computer virus) is usually contracted without user knowledge alongside free downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing can be ignored or presented in a deceptive manner by the program.
How to remove OBRONA BlockAds
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall OBRONA BlockAds
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted and suspicious browser extensions in the list and remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for unwanted and suspicious browser add-ons and remove them individually if located.
Step 2: Uninstall OBRONA BlockAds
1. Open Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for OBRONA BlockAds (by OBRONA BlockAds / Red Sky LLC) and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.