How to remove Max Computer Cleaner (Virus Removal Guide)
Max Computer Cleaner is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is known to utilize various deceptive marketing practices in order to infiltrate a computer system. The Max Computer Cleaner program is usually automatically contracted without user permission or knowledge and alongside multiple unwanted programs and malicious software.
Max Computer Cleaner can also be manually downloaded; However, the program is primarily packed inside the installers of third-party unwanted programs and malware and will automatically install in the background.
What is Max Computer Cleaner?
Max Computer Cleaner by CSDI (or other publisher) is promoted as a free Windows Optimizer program that can clean up junk files, fix system related issues, Com and Active X issues, and user related issues. It can also allegedly be used to defrag and restore Windows Operating System.
Alike other free deceptive and intrusive system optimizer programs Max Computer Cleaner offers no realistic value to a computer system. Max Computer Cleaner claims to be free, but the program will not fix issues unless users purchase the full version of the product. The internet security community mostly claims that possible Max Computer Cleaner malware is essentially “snake oil.” It’s a pointless program according to multiple security vendors.
Max Computer Cleaner is also known to install multiple programs (such as MaintenanceService 1.0.0, Zombie News, Block Operator, SmartWeb, Infonaut, Ge-Force, Consumer Input, and others) and download multiple files once it has been contracted. Since potential Max Computer Cleaner malware primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Max Computer Cleaner adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Max Computer Cleaner is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Max Computer Cleaner get on my computer?
Max Computer Cleaner adware is usually contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user alongside third-party programs and files, such as freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware can be introduced to a computer system and affected internet browsers with or without user authorization.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install Max Computer Cleaner adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline Max Computer Cleaner adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Max Computer Cleaner from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
Our experience with Max Computer Cleaner has proven that the program may not be promoted by third-party installers and download managers. The program automatically installed onto our test machine after we purposely infected it with malware. The program was unexpectedly delivered to our test machine through possibly malicious files without or consent or knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”Max Computer Cleaner overview”]
- Max Computer Cleaner bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- Max Computer Cleaner can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- Max Computer Cleaner injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- Max Computer Cleaner makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Max Computer Cleaner (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Max Computer Cleaner extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Max Computer Cleaner from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Max Computer Cleaner virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove Max Computer Cleaner extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Max Computer Cleaner extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Max Computer Cleaner add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Max Computer Cleaner extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Max Computer Cleaner from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Max Computer Cleaner and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Max Computer Cleaner virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.