How to Remove Live TV Now (Extension Removal)
Live TV Now is a potentially unsafe browser extension suitable for the Google Chrome browser. The browser extension makes superfluous adjustments to your present browser settings. The Live TV Now extension will substitute the search engine you use when you search the web with search.hlivetvnow.co and succeed your existing homepage and the page you see when you open a new tab.
If you search the web from the new tab page you will be directed to search.hlivetvnow.co and then to another website such as search.yahoo.com. This is done in order to record your IP address and the things you search for online.
The public permissions for the Google Chrome extension are listed below:
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Change your search settings to: search.hlivetvnow.co
One of the biggest concerns with the extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the Live TV Now extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays Live TV Now advertisements, it is likely that your computer has been introduced to other threats (such as search Movies) that should be removed.
Live TV Now removal steps
Follow the removal steps on this page to remove the Live TV Now extension from Google Chrome and other malicious threats that can cluster with the Live TV Now extension such as malware, viruses, adware, spyware, and other internet browser extensions and add-ons.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Live TV Now extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Double click the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.