How to remove Installerex (Virus Removal Guide)
Installerex (Win32/InstalleRex, Installerex virus) is a potentially unwanted program that acts as a software bundler and installs third-party software onto infected computer systems. Installerex was first published in 2010 by a known deceptive and untrustworthy company called Web-Pick Internet Holding Ltd. This businesses is known to create many potentially unwanted programs and adware type applications. The main purpose of Installerex is to act as a download manager and download and install third-party software with or without user permission and awareness.
An example of third-party potentially unwanted programs that Installerex is used to introduce to a computer system include the titles EZDownlader and UniDeals. These programs are additionally detected as potentially unwanted programs and adware.
Aside from introducing new unwanted programs and possible malicious threats to a computer system infected with the ‘Installerex virus’ users will experience undesirable activities not limited to pop-up ads, browser redirects, loss in computer functionality, and computer crashes. Since this is the case many people often refer to this potentially unwanted program as a computer virus even though it is not technically defined as one.
Installerex is usually contracted from deceptive advertisements, email attachments, compromised social media content (spam), torrents, freeware, and other locations on the web. A well known point of contraction includes torrenting websites. Many torrent websites contain misleading advertisements that often say “Download” or something similar on them; However, these advertisements are deceptive and do not actually allow the user to download the torrent in question. Many of these types of advertisements also say something similar to “Watch Now” or “Update Now” on them in order to trick the internet user into clicking the dishonest ad.
Installerex adware and the programs that it bundles with also schedule new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that bundle with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements including browser redirects and a loss in computer and internet functionality.
How to remove Installerex
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Installerex extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Installerex malware from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Installerex virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove Installerex extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Installerex malware from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for suspicious programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Installerex virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.