How to remove IdleCrawler (Removal Guide)
IdleCrawler (Idle Crawler) is detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by many Antivirus engines. IdleCrawler is a program compatible with Windows operating systems. It is also known to associate with multiple browser attachments for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
IdleCrawler is known to bundle with other unwanted programs. This means that in order to remove IdleCrawler it will probably be necessary to uninstall multiple third-party programs and remove multiple browser attachments.
Various Antivirus programs will also detect this program as a possible threat. The detections are listed below for 23 Antivirus engines.
|IdleCrawler.exe (09a8623b9e478867a52d2c1e9a93c24e) has been flagged by the following 23 scanners:|
|ESET-NOD32||8.9835||a variant of Win32/GigaClicks.AE|
|K7GW||13.178.12171||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Microsoft Security Essentials||1.10600||TrojanClicker:Win32/Clikug.C|
|Panda Antivirus||14.05.30.05||Generic Malware|
Furthermore, browser attachments that bundle with IdleCrawler and generic adware create ‘permissions’ which allow them to perform tasks internet users may find undesirable. Common permissions associated with adware infections are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
This program creates and schedules new tasks on Windows Task Manager, which allows the program to run every time Windows starts. It will also check to see if it is running, and if disabled, enable itself.
How did IdleCrawler get on my computer?
IdleCrawler software primarily bundles with third-party freeware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install IdleCrawler software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove IdleCrawler (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall IdleCrawler
- Step 3: Remove IdleCrawler malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove IdleCrawler add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall IdleCrawler
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for IdleCrawler and other potentially unwanted software such as WPM. Once located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
4. If a new window that says something similar to “Please Help Software to be Free – Internet Deep Research Foundation,” click the No, I still want to uninstall it, Please do so option and click Next.
5. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove IdleCrawler malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.