How To Remove The Startpage.com Redirection Virus – Start Page Hijacker
Startpage.com Redirection Virus Removal Instructions
The Startpage.com redirection virus (Start Page virus) hijacks internet browser settings causing internet searches and URLs inputted into the browser address bar to redirect to Startpage.com and relating websites such as Ixquick.com. The victim may also be redirected to webpages within the same Startpage.com domain such as s10-us2.startpage.com (view image). Further more, once an internet browser is booted, the user may also be directed to Startpage.com or Ixquick.com (upon start up).
The Start Page virus is categorized as a browser hijacker because of it’s altercation of browser helper objects such as Home Page settings and Provided Search Engines. Also note, startpage.com may be voluntarily added as a home page and provided search engine, but if settings have changed causing unwanted redirections to Startpage.com and relating websites, you are most likely infected by third party malware, viruses, and Trojans. These third party infections are capable of depleting complete computer functionality and can conduct a wide spectrum of cyber criminal activity such as identity theft and online extortion schemes.
Startpage.com And Ixquick.com
Startpage.com is the sister website of Ixquick.com. These websites are used as an anonymous (through proxies) and/or safe search, but searches and clicks are earning Startpage.com websites revenue through use of Google CPC platforms such as Google’s AdSense search or standard Google Searches. In other words, using these websites will not keep you safe since they show the same results as Google, but they will allow you to visit websites using a simple proxy text link on their SERPs. Startpage.com And Ixquick.com though state otherwise are capable of collecting and using your personal information against you, but most likely will never do so.
Though Startpage.com and Ixquick.com are generally referred to as safe websites, these redirections cause concerns with exploits and vulnerabilities in the legitimacy of their search engines.
If your internet browser is redirecting to Startpage.com And Ixquick.com without your consent, detect any malware which may have infected your system and remove it immediately.
How To Remove The Startpage.com Redirection Virus
If your settings have changed without consent, you are most likely infected with malware, the redirections to Starpage.com and other websites are the least of your problems. Usually, these redirections are symptoms or signs to warn of an actual dangerous infection on your system.
After detecting malware or if you wish to correct your browser settings without detecting malware, proceed to the repair instructions below to fix your 1. Home Page and 2. Provided Search Engine.
Detect And Remove Malware
Use a free or paid version of the software recommended below to detect, scan, and remove any infection which may have affected your internet browser settings.
|Purchase Now||Purchase Now||Purchase Now||Purchase Now|
|Free Download||Free Download||Free Download||Free Download|
1. Repair Home Page Settings
Use the instructions below to remove Startpage.com (etc) as your home page upon start up for each internet browser installed on your system.
1. Click the 3 bar options icon or wrench icon and click Settings.
2. Under the “On start up” section click the Set pages link.
3. Remove Startpage.com, Ixquick.com, and/or other unwanted websites by clicking the X.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. In the General tab where it says “Home page” in the Start Up section remove Startpage.com, Ixquick.com, and/or other unwanted websites and type your preferred webpage (google.com, bing.com, botcrawl.com).
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. In the “Home Page” query remove Startpage.com, Ixquick.com, and/or other unwanted websites and type your preferred home page (google.com, bing.com, botcrawl.com) or select default or blank.
2. Repair Provided Search Engine Settings
Use the instructions below to remove Startpage.com (etc) as your provided search engine for each internet browser installed on your system. This is what generally causes redirection to Startpage.com
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove Startpage.com, Ixquick.com, and/or related search engines by selecting the X next to the URL upon clicking on and highlighting the website(s).
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Highlight Startpage.com, Ixquick.com, and/or related search engines and click remove. The search engine may be a default search engine or listed under “Other search engines”.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Search forStartpage.com, Ixquick.com, and/or related search engines and click the Remove button.