How to remove GBoxApp and GadgetBox (Virus Removal Guide)
GadgetBox by WEB PICK – INTERNET HOLDINGS LTD (also known as Gadget Box or Gboxapp) is adware and a browser hijacker that bundles with third-party applications. GBoxApp and similar programs are essentially used to corrupt existing internet browser settings of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. In turn, GBoxApp causes browser redirects to suspicious websites, including search.gbox.com, search.gboxapp.com, and others.
Browser hijackers in general are very dangerous and can leave a backdoor for other possible malware and virus infections. GadgetBox malware is similar to other browser hijackers distributed as freeware such as MP3 Tube Toolbar and Browser Seek Toolbar. These potentially malicious programs are provided for free but may download and install alongside malicious third party applications that can cause further issues. Some of these third-party objects track and trace internet user activity and download generic Trojans horses.
Gboxapp.com is considered a malicious website, and search.gbox.com is not a realistic search engine in the eyes of many security experts, nor is Gboxapp a search engine provider. If you are infected with GadgetBox and your internet search and URL input redirects to search.gboxapp.com remove this symptom of malware immediately.
How to remove GadgetBox (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove GadgetBox Widget add-on and extension
- Step 2: Uninstall GadgetBox
- Step 3: Remove GadgetBox malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove GadgetBox add-on and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall GadgetBox
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for GadgetBox and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove GadgetBox malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.