How To Remove The Dsparking.com Redirection Virus And Dsparking Hijacker
What is the Dsparking.com redirection virus?
Dsparking.com is a dangerous redirection virus categorized as a browser hijacker, disguised as an informational 1 click directory. Dsparking.com is categorized as a browser hijacker because the dsparking.com website is capable of “hijacking” internet browser settings such as the Home Page and Provided Search Engine. In turn, the dsparking.com virus causes internet browsers to start up on dsparking.com and internet searches and URLs typed into the address bar to redirect to dsparking.com.
The main purpose of the dsparking.com hijacker is to advertise sponsored websites in order to collect revenue through CPC (cost per click) arrangements. The search results on dsparking.com are only sponsored links that may lead to drive-by-download sites, sites utilizing adware platforms (causing popup spam), and websites using spyware tactics capable of collecting private user information. If you visit dsparking.com, do not click any links provided on the website.
Many victims have reported to once remove the dsparking.com, only to have it spark back up again later. Use the removal steps provided in this article to remove the dsparking.com virus without having to contact a professional technician.
Why is my Home Page Dsparking.com?
The dsparking.com virus and third party malware, viruses, and/or Trojans “hijack” Home Page/Start Up settings causing the browser home page to change to dsparking.com without user consent. This also causes the infected internet browsers to start at dsparking.com when first booted as opposed to the normal start up page.
Why are internet searches and URLs redirecting to Dsparking.com?
If your internet browser redirects searches and URLs typed into the address bar to dsparking.com, you are infected with the dsparking.com hijacker, and/or third party malware, viruses, and Trojans. This is often the first noticeable sign of a computer infection.
The dsparking.com browser hijacker and redirection virus may have been contracted via unknowingly visiting a website hosting malware, downloading freeware/shareware, or other forms of cyber criminal tactics including phishing (spam email, telephone, remote access).
1. Anti-Malware Software (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus – Anti-Malware software used to scan, detect, and remove malware including browser hijackers such as dsparking.com. View other Antivirus recommendations. If malware has been detected and removed, afterwards, repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines.
2. System Restore (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates, such as installs. This can be very helpful if you suspect a severe a severe malware infection, or have complications removing the dsparking.com virus. Once complete, repair your Home Page and Provided Search Engines if necessary to repair browser settings.
2. Repair Home Page
How to remove dsparking.com from your home page.
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. On the General tab remove dsparking.com and click Restore to Default or add you preferred URL.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
2. On the General tab remove dsparking.com and click Restore to Default or add your preferred URL.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and select Settings.
2. Under the On startup section click Set pages.
3. Click the X next to dsparking.com and add your preferred URL.
4. Repair Provided Search Engines
How to stop browser redirections to dsparking.com.
1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
2. Select Manage search engines…
3. Select dsparking.com and click remove. Dsparking.com could be set as default or listed under Other search engines.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
3. Select dsparking.com and click the Remove button.
1. Click the 3 bar or wrench settings icon and select Settings.
2. In the Search section select the Manage search engines… button.
3. Remove dsparking.com by clicking the X next to it when selected.
If dsparking.com or other unwanted websites are set as the default search engine, add and chose another search engine (such as Google.com) as a default engine by selecting it (Google.com) and clicking the “make default” transparent blue box that appears when highlighted.
5. Clear Cache And Cookies
If you visited dsparking.com and do not want your data to be compromised, traced, tracked, and used against you or without your consent, it is recommended to delete your browser data. Dsparking.com as well as other browser hijackers and directory based websites commonly upload cookie files onto computer allowing the perpetrators to collect, store, and track information such as browser activity and personal information. You can remove your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings options.