How to remove JollyWallet (Virus Removal Guide)
JollyWallet (also found as JollyWallet virus, Jolly Wallet) is an advertisement serving platform and community toolbar categorized as adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). JollyWallet adware is known to get onto a computer system and attach to affected internet browsers without user consent or knowledge. Once JollyWallet has been contracted it will inject the webpages you visit with several types of advertisements including generic banners and skyscrapers, in-text ads, in-image ads, and pop-under advertisements.
JollyWallat advertisements may pop-up in a variety of different ways, often prompting pop-up ads on the right side of the open internet browser. JollyWallet also displays a large toolbar at the top of the Internet browser with buttons that initiate sharing and coupons. The advertisements, links, and buttons promoted and produced by JollyWallet malware, have not been reported to infect a computer with additional malware, but may show unrelated sponsored deals and results in order to generate affiliate revenue, or a CPC revenue stream.
JollyWallet is known to attach to internet browsers without consent, and most notably bundles with third-party software and browser attachments, includings add-ons, extensions, toolbars, freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
JollyWallet can also be manually downloaded from a variety of sources including jollywallet.com and the Goolge Chrome extension repository, but this does not mean that JollyWallet is safe to use. JollyWallet is guilty of practicing unethical marketing practices, and has been reported to entrap unsuspecting victims to in-direct terms that allow JollyWallet to access all browser activity in order to display potentially unwanted advertisements. JollyWallet also allows third-party attachments and software to locate to the particular computer system without direct permission. This may include third-party adware and spyware platforms.
It is recommended to avoid manually installing JollyWallet adware and similar advertisement serving platforms. Though JollyWallet may appear harmless, JollyWallet is extremely privacy invading, and desperate to turn revenue. It has even been reported that JollyWallet continuously spam emails their users who create a membership with JollyWallet (pictured above). If JollyWallet is active on your system, if JollyWallet insatlled without consent, or if you suspect additional malware has infected your computer system, please use the free options and steps below to remove JollyWallet and third-party malware.
- The JollyWallet extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The JollyWallet extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- JollyWallet bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- JollyWallet can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- JollyWallet injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- JollyWallet makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove JollyWallet (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Remove JollyWallet extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall JollyWallet from Windows
- Step 3: Remove JollyWallet virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove JollyWallet extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the JollyWallet extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the JollyWallet add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the JollyWallet extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall JollyWallet from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for JollyWallet and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove JollyWallet virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected including PUP.Optional.GlassBottle.A. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.