How To Remove JollyWallet Malware (Adware) – JollyWallet Virus Removal Instructions
What is JollyWallet (Jollywallet.com / JollyWallet Adware)?
JollyWallet is an unethical advertisement serving platform and community toolbar, categorized as adware, that invades the privacy of internet users and displays potentially unwanted pop-up advertisements, coupons, and deals while the internet user is browsing the internet, in particular online retail locations such as Gap.com and Sears. JollyWallet is also referred to as the JollyWallet virus, JollyWallet malware, and simply Jolly Wallet.
JollyWallat advertisements may pop-up in a variety of different ways, often prompting pop-up ads on the right side of the open internet browser. JollyWallet also displays a large toolbar at the top of the Internet browser with buttons that initiate sharing and coupons. The advertisements, links, and buttons promoted and produced by JollyWallet malware, have not been reported to infect a computer with additional malware, but may show unrelated sponsored deals and results in order to generate affiliate revenue, or a CPC revenue stream.
JollyWallet is known to attach to internet browsers without consent, and most notably bundles with third-party software and browser attachments, includings add-ons, extensions, toolbars, freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
JollyWallet can also be manually downloaded from a variety of sources including jollywallet.com and the Goolge Chrome extension repository, but this does not mean that JollyWallet is safe to use. JollyWallet is guilty of practicing unethical marketing practices, and has been reported to entrap unsuspecting victims to in-direct terms that allow JollyWallet to access all browser activity in order to display potentially unwanted advertisements. JollyWallet also allows third-party attachments and software to locate to the particular computer system without direct permission. This may include third-party adware and spyware platforms.
It is recommended to avoid manually installing JollyWallet adware and similar advertisement serving platforms. Though JollyWallet may appear harmless, JollyWallet is extremely privacy invading, and desperate to turn revenue. It has even been reported that JollyWallet continuously spam emails their users who create a membership with JollyWallet (pictured above). If JollyWallet is active on your system, if JollyWallet insatlled without consent, or if you suspect additional malware has infected your computer system, please use the free options and steps below to remove JollyWallet and third-party malware.
How To Remove JollyWallet Malware (JollyWallet Adware)
1. Antivirus Software
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
Scan for and Remove JollyWallet and third-party malware from your computer system using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (other suggested removal software).
Instructions: 1. Install Malwarebytes 2. Update the software 3. Perform full scan (Image).
2. Uninstall JollyWallet & Third Party Software
It is recommended to check your computer system for unwanted software and browser helper objects before removing the JollyWallet add-on or extension.
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for JollyWallet and suspicious third party software. To uninstall the unwanted software double click the programs icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
3. Remove JollyWallet & Third Party Add-ons And Extensions
JollyWallet often bundles with third party browser attachments. In some scenarios removing the third party add-ons, extensions, and toolbars may stop JollyWallet advertisements from popping up.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the JollyWallet extension and additional third party extensions. Remove them by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to them.
3. JollyWallet may prompt a removal confirmation notification, click OK.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for JollyWallet and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for JollyWallet and additional third party add-ons and remove them if located.
4. Alternative JollyWallet Adware Removal Options & Tips:
The alternative methods below can be used to block and remove or treat annoying symptoms JollyWallet adware.
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before issues. System Restores can be used to remove software that may have installed without consent, including adware serving platforms.
Many adware platforms that serve pop-up advertisements utilize flash to serve these pop-up ads.
- To disable (deny) flash visit: Macromedia.com and select the “Deny” radio option (pictured below).
Hosts File (Advanced)