What is Fast Free Converter malware?
Fast Free Converter malware is a browser hijacker and adware that changes internet browser settings causing internet browsers to start up and redirect to unwanted websites such as hotstartsearch.com. Fast Free Converter is also referred to as the Fast Free Converter virus, though Fast Free Converter is not a computer virus. Fast Free Converter is software that can be manually and voluntarily downloaded as Fast Free Converter claims to be freeware and promotes itself as a video conversion tool that “supports all the most widely used video codecs and containers, including FLV, MP4, MOV, MPEG, and DivX. Its batch conversion capabilities allow you to create unlimited conversion lists with any mixture of source video video formats, though all of them will be converted to the same output format of your choice.”
Victims infected with the Fast Free Converter virus often complain of unwanted advertisements and browser redirects to unwanted websites. This is because Fast Free Converter changes home page, search engine, and browser shortcut settings without permission of the computer owner/user.
Our visitors first commented that Fast Free Converter causes redirections to websites such as
hotstartsearch.com and that removing Fast Free Converter will stop unwanted browser redirects.
How does Fast Free Converter infect a computer?
Fast Free Converter often installs alongside freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents. If you installed software from websites such as download.com, chances are Fast Free Converter malware may have bundled with your download.
In some instances, the option to install Fast Free Converter alongside third-party and sponsored software is available. Some users have complained though they opted out of installing Fast Free Converter, Fast Free Converter installs without consent.
To remove Fast Free Converter malware and stop other symptoms of malware please use the free Fast Free Converter removal instructions below.
How to remove Fast Free Converter malware
- Automatically remove Fast Free Converter malware - Scan for and automatically remove Fast Free Converter malware
- Manually remove Fast Free Converter malware - Remove/Uninstall Fast Free Converter and third-party malware
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
When removing Fast Free Converter malware, it is important to remember that Fast Free Converter may install as a standalone product, inside a third-party browser attachment, and/or bundled alongside third-party attachments.
1. Automatic Fast Free Converter removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Fast Free Converter and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines that may have hijacked your home page, default search engine, and browser shortcuts.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn Fast Free Converter software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Fast Free Converter and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located Fast Free Converter software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Fast Free Converter removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Fast Free Converter using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall Fast Free Converter malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Fast Free Converter and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the Fast Free Converter add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove Fast Free Converter add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fast Free Converter extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Fast Free Converter add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Fast Free Converter add-on and remove it if located.