How to remove Antivirus Security Pro – Removal Instructions (Uninstall Guide)
Antivirus Security Pro virus
Antivirus Security Pro (Malware Security Suite) is a fraudulent Microsoft Windows Antivirus/Antispyware program in the Rogue.WinWebSec family of malware classified as scareware. Antivirus Security Pro performs fake system scans and returns fake scan results and causes many problems for computer users.
Antivirus Security Pro is configured to start every time Microsoft Windows is booted and is also reported to eradicate legitimate software including software used to remove the malicious program. In some cases Antivirus Security Pro will display a pop-up message that claims that legitimate software has become corrupted. This message is detailed below:
Warning! Infected file detected Location: File System Suspicious activity detected in the application notepad.exe to the behavior of the virus Win32/Conficker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application cmd.exe has been temporarily restricted.
The fraudulent alert notifications and scan results displayed by Antivirus Security Pro malware should be ignored as they are false. Though your computer is technically infected with Antivirus Security Pro malware, the scan results promoted by this fake Antivirus Security software are entirely false.
Warning! Infected file detected. We strongly recommend activating full edition of your antivirus software for repairing threats. Warning! Network attack attempt detected. To keep the computer safe, the threat must be blocked.
In some cases Antivirus Security Pro is promoted as freeware titled Antivirus Security on a variety of unethical websites. Users may download the software and use the malicious freeware, which will then return fake scan results and claim that the full version of Antivirus Security must be installed entitled Antivirus Security Pro (Antivirus Security Professional). DO NOT PURCHASE this fake Microsoft Windows software. It is never recommended to hand over your purchase information to cyber criminals. Cyber crimes relating to fraudulent software include credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. If you purchased Antivirus Security Pro please contact the proper bank or credit institution to dispute charges and discuss security measures.
Antivirus Security Pro may also restrict access to legitimate websites and display a browser window that claims the website is compromised or that the internet browser has become corrupted.
How does Antivirus Security Pro malware get onto a computer?
Antivirus Security Pro can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from malicious websites though most of the time Antivirus Security Pro is present without consent. Antivirus Security Pro is often downloaded via exploit kits and trojan horses located on compromised and hacked websites and in some cases advertisements, email spam, and social media content.
Antivirus Security Pro may have also bundled with third-party freeware, shareware, codecs, and may have been included in files associated with torrent downloads.
How to remove Antivirus Security Pro
- Automatically remove Antivirus Security Pro – Scan for and automatically remove Antivirus Security Pro malware
- Manually remove Antivirus Security Pro – Remove/Uninstall Antivirus Security Pro and third-party malware if allowed
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Antivirus Security Pro removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Antivirus Security Pro scareware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect Antivirus Security Pro malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove Antivirus Security Pro from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn Antivirus Security Pro rogue software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “Antivirus.”
4. To automatically uninstall Antivirus Security Pro and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located Antivirus Security Pro software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Antivirus Security Pro removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Antivirus Security Pro using generic removal procedures if allowed, as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Antivirus Security Pro software.
How to uninstall Antivirus Security Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Antivirus Security Pro and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.