How to remove Donut Leads (Virus Removal Guide)
Remove ads by Donut Leads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and get rid of adware with this free Donut Leads removal guide.
What is Donut Leads?
Donut Leads (DonutLeads) is an adware publisher that utilizes several different advertisement-supported and cross-browser programs and browser attachments (including DonutQuotes) that are used to access and collect user browsing data and serve targeted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer while the user browses the web.
This potentially unwanted program (PUP) and programs that it associates with and bundles with are known get onto a computer system and attach to affected internet browsers without detection from Antivirus products or direct user consent. Once downloaded and installed, the adware will display targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers based off of user activities, bookmarks, history, and other gathered data.
Adware published by Donut Leads often uses browser add-ons and extensions that have extensive permissions set post-install allowing them to access personal browsing data, as well as change browser settings. This adware and associated items may change the homepage, browser shortcut, themes, and internal search engines of affected internet browsers; causing unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious websites such as Lasaoren.
Adware promoted and published by Donut Leads can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of suspicious online locations; However, most users claim that this program installed without their consent and was only noticed when due to various advertisements displayed by this program.
Furthermore, potential Donut Leads malware usually comes downloaded alongside other unwanted programs that will need to be removed in order to stop additional events from occurring, including browser redirects and pop-up ads generated by associated third-party advertising platforms.
How to remove Donut Leads (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, fix system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Donut Leads adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software published by Donut Leads or with a similar name. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove Donut Leads add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Donut Leads extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Donut Leads add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Donut Leads add-on and remove it if located.