How to remove Cinemax Plus (Virus Removal Guide)
Cinemax Plus (also found as Cinemax Plus 1.9cV05.03) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that gets onto a computer system and attaches to internet browsers without user knowledge. This adware is used to access all browsing activities, bookmarks, downloads, and history in order to serve targeted ads by Cinemax Plus and pop-up search results across Chrome, FIrefox, and Internet Explorer.
Advertisements displayed by this adware may arrive in a variety of forms, including in-text ads, banners, and videos. We have also found that this adware displays pop-up search results that say something similar to “Search results for” on them. This is different that most common forms of adware.
Furthermore, potential Cinemax Plus malware downloads and installs alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including Browse Pax and System Notifier. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions to stop all unwanted activities.
The Cinemax Plus extension has permissions set allowing the browser attachment to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
- Cinemax Plus can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Cinemax Plus can read and change your browsing history.
- Cinemax Plus can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Cinemax Plus can manage your downloads.
How does Cinemax Plus get on a computer?
Cinemax Plus adware is usually downloaded and installed without knowledge alongside free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, email attachments, and more.
Sometimes users may be given the choice to accept or decline an offer to install Cinemax Plus adware and similar products during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing can be ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, Cinemax Plus and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove Cinemax Plus
- Step 1: Remove Cinemax Plus add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Cinemax Plus
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Cinemax Plus add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cinemax Plus extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Cinemax Plus add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall Cinemax Plus
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Cinemax Plus and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.