If your file extensions have been replaced with .btcware then your computer is infected with a computer virus named CryptXXX ransomware. The Btcware virus encrypts files on a computer, appends the .btcware extension to filenames, and demands a payment to restore them. The Btcware virus will ask victims of the virus to write them an email in order to restore files. The email might look something similar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ransomware infection will encrypt personal files that match certain file extensions, change the filenames, change the file types, and add a new file extension such as [email@example.com].btcware to the end of each file it encrypts. The encryption process will make the files inaccessible to the owner. The Btcware virus will then download a ransom note in every folder it encrypts files called #_HOW_TO_FIX.inf vir. The ransom note explains what happened and how to pay the ransom by emailing the malware authors.
All your files have been encrypted
If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
FREE DECRYPTION AS GUARANTEE
Before paying you can send to us up to 3 files for free decryption.
Please note that files must NOT contain valuable information
and their total size must be less than 10Mb
Do not rename encrypted files
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss
This is a malware infection that is operated by malware authors. Contacting cyber criminals is not always suggested unless it is the last resort. Every year many ransom payments are paid out to cyber criminals even though the infection could have been removed by other means. In many cases paying the cyber criminals to restore your files will not work and your money will be lost. Also keep in mind that the infection will not be removed from your computer and it may reoccur unless you properly remove it. Paying the malware authors does not actually eradicate malicious files from your computer.
Btcware virus and other types of ransomware are usually spread by malicious emails, social media content, torrents, and advertisements on malicious or hijacked websites. Most ransomware ill utilize an email campaign to reach hundreds of thousands of people. The emails may appear to be someone you know, your bank, or a legitimate service.
Unfortunately, not much is known about CryptXXX ransomware and the Btcware virus. The infection is currently under analysis and no decryption programs are specifically available to recover files infected by this virus. However, the Btcware removal instructions on this page will help you remove this infection and possibly recover files encrypted by the virus with reputable file recovery software.
Remove Btcware with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove Btcware with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
File Recovery Software
|Shadow Explorer||Restores lost or damaged files from Shadow Copies||Download (Free)|
|Photorec||Recovers lost files||Download (Free)|
|Recuva||Recovers lost files||Download (Free) | Buy|