How to remove Baboom search Beta (Virus Removal Guide)
Baboom search Beta is the name of a browser add-on and extension that serves no purpose aside from changing your internet browser search settings in order to cause browser redirects to feed.baboom.audio and other sponsored search sites. The Baboom search Beta extension usually bundles with other browser extensions such as Baboom.Audio Beta and together they can wreck havoc in your affected web browser.
|Name(s)||Baboom search Beta, Baboom search Beta virus|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||This extension bundles with freeware and dubious files and is promoted by deceptive advertisements.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is Baboom search Beta?
Baboom search Beta does not have a description because the only purpose of this extension is to change your search settings and collect browsing data about you.
The Baboom search Beta extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, communicate with cooperating websites, and change your search settings to feed.baboom.audio.
The extension is often promoted by third-party software bundlers, trojan downloaders, download managers, dubious files, and misleading advertisements. The advertisements primarily generate on media related websites including torrent websites and video streaming sites that utilize unethical advertising platforms.
Baboom search Beta Removal Guide
Baboom search Beta and other programs that it may arrive on your computer with can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Baboom search Beta and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall Baboom search Beta from Windows
- Step 2: Remove Baboom search Beta add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Baboom search Beta virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Baboom search Beta malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall Baboom search Beta from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Baboom search Beta and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Baboom search Beta installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Baboom search Beta and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select Baboom search Beta with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Baboom search Beta look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove Baboom search Beta add-ons and extensions
Follow the instructions to remove Baboom search Beta add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Baboom search Beta attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Baboom search Beta from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Baboom search Beta extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Baboom search Beta add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Baboom search Beta extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Baboom search Beta virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Baboom search Beta with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Baboom search Beta malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Baboom search Beta with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.