ArcadeTwist.com is promoted as a gaming website that can lead you to a world of more than 3000 flash games. However, the ArcadeTwist program is detected as adware and a potentially unwanted program by reputable security programs. Once ArcadeTwist adware has been installed internet users will notice a variety of ArcadeTwist ads including generic pop-ups, banners, and in-text advertisements. Most advertisements generated by this program can be linked to the adware because the ads contain text that usually says something similar to “Powered by ArcadeTwist” or “ArcadeTwist Ads” on them.
This unwanted program is often referred to as the “ArcadeTwist virus” although this program is not technically defined as one. Even though this program is not a computer virus by definition it is still a threat and a concern that should be taken very seriously.
ArcadeTwist adware is a privacy concern because it generates ‘targeted’ advertisements and these type of advertisements can only be produced if the adware has obtained unauthorized access to user browsing data such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, and browser history.
Furthermore, ArcadeTwist bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats including Cassiopesa. This means that it will be required to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari in order to secure your privacy and stop all unwanted symptoms from occurring.
Third-party programs and malware that bundle with ArcadeTwist adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages, a loss in computer functionality, and decreased internet speed.
ArcadeTwist adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also create new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity.
How did ArcadeTwist get on my computer?
ArcadeTwist adware and the programs and potential threats that it bundles with are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other downloadable content.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free items online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install ArcadeTwist adware and other programs. However, the request to decline ArcadeTwist from installing is often presented in a very deceptive manner, which can make it confusing for a computer user. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline ArcadeTwist from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
ArcadeTwist Removal Steps
- Step 1: Remove ArcadeTwist extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall ArcadeTwist malware from Windows
- Step 3: Remove ArcadeTwist virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-866-521-2427
Step 1: Remove ArcadeTwist extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
Virus Removal Helpline
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ArcadeTwist extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the ArcadeTwist add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the ArcadeTwist extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall ArcadeTwist malware from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for ArcadeTwist and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove ArcadeTwist virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.