The UpgraderBorg virus is (Upgrader Borg) a term used to classify adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that serves targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. UpgraderBorg adware uses a variety of different programs to launch advertisements. UpgraderBorg creates new tasks and is scheduled to run every time Windows starts.
What is UpgraderBorg?
Publisher Description: N/A
- This program bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- This program can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- This program can read and change your browsing history.
- This program can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- This program can manage your downloads.
How does UpgraderBorg get on a computer?
The UpgraderBorg virus is usually contracted without knowledge alongside downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing is often ignored or presented in a deceptive manner.
How to remove UpgraderBorg
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall UpgraderBorg
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall UpgraderBorg
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for UpgraderBorg and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.