How to remove “Trello.com background” (Virus Removal Guide)
Trello.com background (also searched for as Trello.com virus) is the title of a malicious browser extension for Google Chrome and other internet browsers that can cause a lot of issues with your computer and internet browsing experience. Trello.com background is known to change existing internet browser settings which causes affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to suspicious websites and affiliated search engines such as bing.com. Trello.com background can also inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive pop-up and in-text advertisements. To make matters worse, Trello.com background can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and manage your apps, extensions, and themes. Furthermore, Trello.com background is very difficult to remove. Once the Trello.com background extension has been contracted it will restrict access to the ‘extensions’ page on Google Chrome which makes it impossible to remove Trello.com background if you’re connected to the internet.
What is Trello.com background?
Trello.com background is shameless and oddly self-promoted as “a simple way to make beautiful Trello.com.” However, it appears that the Trello.com background extension is in no way associated with the website and business trello.com. Instead, the browser extension is related to the colortrello.com website. The Trello.com background extension also engages in misleading marketing tactics to get users to voluntarily install it by claiming that Trello.com background has good reviews, many users, and has been scanned by “Virus Total Scan” as clean with a 0/62 detection ration. The extension has not actually been scanned by VirusTotal and VirusTotal is not called “Virus Total.”
Trello.com background and adware associated with it generate deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Trello.com background are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
The Trello.com background extension is not technically defined as a computer virus but this malicious browser extension is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Trello.com background if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Trello.com background get on my computer?
Trello.com background typically engages in unethical advertising tactics designed to trick internet users into accidentally installing it. Trello.com background may claim to be a safe and legitimate browser extension with a lot of users; However, this is not true. The browser extension uses false advertising to dupe internet users into infecting their internet browsers with a browser extension that will only cause them harm.
The browser extension may also bundle with other unwanted programs and malware. It can download and install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. If you found that Trello.com background has automatically installed onto your computer and attached to an affected internet browser it is likely that your computer has been introduced to initial threats that allowed this browser plugin to be installed.
[fancy_box title=”Trello.com background overview”]
- Trello.com background bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Trello.com background is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Trello.com background is hard to remove and uninstall. The program will block access to the extensions page for Google Chrome. The only way to bypass this is to disconnect your computer from the internet.
- Trello.com background changes existing internet browser settings and injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Trello.com background makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Trello.com background virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Trello.com background virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Trello.com background
Option 1: Automatically remove Trello.com background virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Trello.com background” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Trello.com background we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Trello.com background.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Trello.com background
How to uninstall Trello.com background
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Trello.com background in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Trello.com background to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Trello.com background in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Trello.com background below.[/note]
How to remove Trello.com background add-ons and extensions
Trello.com background will block access to the extensions page on most internet browser which makes it difficult to remove Trello.com background. To remove Trello.com background from your internet browser you must disconnect your computer from the internet and follow the instructions below. To disconnect your computer from the internet you can click the icon on your traybar and go into airplane mode or simply click disconnect next to your internet connection. Once your computer has been disconnected from the internet you will be able to access the correct internet browser settings pages to remove this extension.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Trello.com background extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Trello.com background add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Trello.com background extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Trello.com background in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Trello.com background below.[/note]
Trello.com background virus removal tips
- If you do not find Trello.com background in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Trello.com background you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.