System Keeper is promoted as a 10-in-1 ultimate tool which automatically fixes common system issues, optimizes system settings, and cleans your PC. However, System Keeper is detected by many security programs as a potentially unwanted program (PUP), malicious program, and a Generic Trojan.
CAT-QuickHeal detects the System Keeper executable file as a Trojan, GData detects the file as Win32.Application.Monterix.A, DrWeb detects the file as Program.Unwanted.3432, and Malwarebytes detects every file associated with System Keeper as Trojan.FakeMS.
One of the reasons why System Keeper is detected as a malicious program and trojan is because it may introduce your computer to other unwanted programs and potential threats. During the installation process, the System Keeper downloader will request that you download other programs that can harm your machine.
The instructions below will help you remove System Keeper (Trojan.FakeMS) and other unwanted and malicious files from your computer:
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
2. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
3. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
4. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. When the scan is complete click you will see a list of detected threats including Trojan.FakeMS the Quarantine Selected button.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
8. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
9. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
11. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
12. Click the Reboot button.
System Keeper screenshots