The Shoppy-Up virus is cross-browser adware, similar to “Shoppy” that continuously serves advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other popular internet browsers.
Shoppy-Up adware can access and collect browsing data (all browsing activities, bookmarks, and history) and modify browser settings (homepage, new tab settings, and default search engine). It uses this information to generate advertisements it feels are relevant to internet user browsing habits. Furthermore, the program may change browser settings in order to redirect users to sponsored webpages when an internet browser is initially booted, a new tab is open, or a user searches the web using the affected browser’s address bar.
- Shoppy-Up injects websites with targeted advertisements (including banner ads, in-text advertisements that appear as hyperlinked text, and pop-under advertisements).
- Shoppy-Up allows additional adware to automatically install without user knowledge.
- Shoppy-Up bundles with third-party malware and malicious files without user knowledge.
How did Shoppy-Up get onto my computer?
Shoppy-Up adware and similar objects are commonly contracted alongside downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install this adware and other programs; However, the offer to decline the object(s) is often ignored or presented in a deceptive manner.
Potential Shoppy-Up malware can also be contracted from questionable advertisements, most notably found on media sharing websites and websites that promote prohibited content. In many scenarios, questionable advertisements may claim that an update or other item needs to be installed in order to trick users into clicking the ads and installing potentially harmful content.
How to remove Shoppy-Up
This Shoppy-Up removal guide will help you remove Shoppy-Up virus, potentially unwanted programs, malware, and get rid of ads by Shoppy-Up on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Shoppy-Up from Windows
- Step 4: Remove Shoppy-Up browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Shoppy-Up. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Shoppy-Up using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Shoppy-Up from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Shoppy-Up. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Shoppy-Up browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Shoppy-Up extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Shoppy-Up add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Shoppy-Up add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.