Shopping Fever virus
Shopping Fever (also known as ShoppingFever, Shopping Fever virus) is adware that targets online shoppers and internet users with advertisements based off of their digital footprint. Shopping Fever adware often infiltrates a computer system and affected internet browsers without user authorization and will often acquire permissions allowing the adware and programs that it bundles with to access and modify user browser data and settings.
Shopping Fever adware doesn’t just utilize user browsing data it collects to specifically serve targeted Shopping Fever ads across multiple internet browsers; This adware can be used for a variety of marketing campaigns. Shopping Fever may share collected data with third-parties, in turn, resulting in unwanted email messages, mail, phone calls from telemarketers, and more.
Potential Shopping Fever malware is often called the “Shopping Fever virus” even though this program is not technically defined as a computer virus or infection. This is because the adware is known to be very destructive, modify existing browser and system settings (including system start-up settings), and it primarily bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues. Additional items will likely need to be removed during the removal process, including browser add-ons and extensions.
How to remove Shopping Fever
This Shopping Fever removal guide will help you completely remove the Shopping Fever virus, potentially unwanted programs, uninstall Shopping Fever malware, and get rid of Shopping Fever ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Shopping Fever
- Step 4: Remove Shopping Fever browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Shopping Fever. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program once it has installed. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Shopping Fever using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Shopping Fever
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Shopping Fever. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Shopping Fever browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Shopping Fever extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Shopping Fever add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Shopping Fever add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.