This SharkMan Coupon removal guide provides steps to remove the SharkMan Coupon virus in order to get rid of ads by SharkMan Coupon on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is SharkMan Coupon?
SharkMan Coupon is the name of a known adware threat that uses unethical marketing practices to infiltrate a computer system, attach to affected internet browsers as an add-on and extension, and generate targeted advertisements among other issues. According to malware analyst, this potentially unwanted program (PUP) generates cross-browser and specific user targeted advertisements by accessing user browsing data and using the collected data to display suspicious advertisements designed to bait users into clicking them.
Information collected by potential SharkMan Coupon include a user’s complete browsing activities, bookmarks, history, and more. This information is used to generate tailored advertisements to the user but may also be shared with third-parties for marketing purposes.
Furthermore, if you see SharkMan Coupon ads on Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer it is assumed that other unwanted programs are also present on the computer system and will need to be removed in order to stop unwanted activities from occurring. Additional items may cause other issues, slow down a computer, browser redirects, and decrease internet connectivity and performance.
How to remove SharkMan Coupon (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or buy the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or buy the full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall SharkMan Coupon
1. Go to Windows Start Menu and click the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 users can select Programs and Features instead of the Control Panel).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of programs, search for SharkMan Coupon and other suspicious software you might want to remove afterwards. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove SharkMan Coupon add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SharkMan Coupon extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SharkMan Coupon add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SharkMan Coupon add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the Remove button does not appear you must uninstall associated software before you can remove the add-on.